More experimenting with markers.



www.tapestryhounds.com

Colored Markers
So I finally broke out the colored markers I bought at the beginning of the year, a set of 48 prismacolor markers on sale at Michaels. I’ve dallied with them some, but I was determined to really create something decent with them.

I pulled out the Moleskine sketch book and doodled a picture of Inga, inked it with micron pens then started coloring it with the colored markers. It turned out horrible. But I learned a lot with this mistake. So I started again. Another picture of Inga, nothing fancy, inked it with microns and colored again.


The top view is a photo of the finished piece the second one is a scan.

I think I prefer the photo, the scan takes away all the texture and it looks so supersaturated. I suck at scanning.

Anyways, for those of you skilled with markers, I’m sure this sucks but I’m pleased with what I was able to do, I’ve never really played with these things at all! Maybe I’ll get brave and try something a little more complex next time.


More marker experiments
Inga. Again. Photos look better than the scan.

Marker Dromaeosaur
A Dromaeosaur.

Materials used: large moleskine sketchbook, micron pens, prismacolor markers and some white acrylic paint for the highlights.

I’m learning a lot with these and really enjoying the medium.
From:
Anonymous( )Anonymous This account has disabled anonymous posting.
OpenID( )OpenID You can comment on this post while signed in with an account from many other sites, once you have confirmed your email address. Sign in using OpenID.
User
Account name:
Password:
If you don't have an account you can create one now.
Subject:
HTML doesn't work in the subject.

Message:

 
Notice: This account is set to log the IP addresses of everyone who comments.
Links will be displayed as unclickable URLs to help prevent spam.
.

Profile

sighthoundlady: (Default)
sighthoundlady
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags